Di Minin, A., Frattini, F., Bianchi, M., Bortoluzzi, G., & Piccaluga, A. 2013. Udinese Calcio soccer club as a talents factory: Strategic agility, diverging objectives, and resource constraints. European Management Journal (New Articles in Press, 29 April-5 May 2013)
• We discuss how strategic agility is key to success in highly competitive contexts.
• In sport business it is extremely difficult to achieve both good sports and financial performance.
• Udinese Calcio has effectively balanced its diverging objectives through strategic agility.
• We identify the managerial practices and business model for an agile organization.
• We discuss how strategic agility can be achieved under resource constraints.