The Biodiversity Moonshot: System Thinking to Co-Create a Biodiversity-Embedded Future for Companies
Join us at the Academy of Management Symposium in Boston, where we’ll be exploring the critical challenge of biodiversity loss and its impact on companies and society.
Organized by Alberto Di Minin, Francesco Testa, with the support of Valentina Cucino, Gianmaria Ontano, and Duccio Tosi from Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa (Italy), this symposium brings together leading scholars to discuss the urgent need for a sustainable future.
The symposium focuses on the intricate relationship between businesses and the natural environment, emphasizing impact-dependence dynamics. Companies play a vital role in the ecosystem, impacting nature through their activities while relying on its services to function. This intricate relationship demands a systemic approach, co-creating a future where biodiversity is embedded in corporate strategies.
Venue: Academy of Management, Boston
Sunday August 06, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
For inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenters and Co-Authors
– Frederik Dahlmann, Warwick Business School
– Kerrigan Unter and Judith Walls, University of St. Gallen
– Claire Holland, Priscila Ferri de Oliveira, and Adam McCarthy, University of Manchester
– Philip Shapira, University of Manchester & Georgia Institute of Technology
– Frank Figge, ESCP/Paris & Andrea Stevenson Thorpe, KEDGE Business School/Marseille
– Nicole Darnall, Arizona State University
– Michael V. Russo, University of Oregon
– Bobby Banerjee, Bayes Business School, City, University of London
Relevance to Divisions
The symposium aligns with the interests of the Organizations and the Natural Environment (ONE) division, exploring how companies can mitigate their impact on biodiversity. Additionally, the Technology and Innovation Management (TIM) division will find value in discussing new strategies for biodiversity management in the era of technological advancements.
– Welcome and Introduction
– Paper Presentations (9 minutes each)
– Plenary Discussion with Discussant Valentina Tartari
Join us for an engaging and informative symposium that will shape the way we approach biodiversity and its integration into the business landscape. Let’s work together for a sustainable future!